- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don't have to re-enter information when you navigate to a new page or check out. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device; and
- Third party cookies: placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
- to remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
- to determine the start and end of a session
- to remember traffic source information
- to remember the number and time of previous visits
- to regulate the request rate
- to distinguish unique users
- to determine which domain to measure
What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device.
There are three main types of cookies:
For further information about "cookies" please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Strictly necessary. These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and use its features. The information collected relates to the operation of the website (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.
Functionality. These cookies remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customise to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
Performance / Analytics. These cookies collect information on how users use our website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages and how you arrived at our website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services.
Targeting or Advertising. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the other websites you visit and this information is shared with third party organisations, for example advertisers.
When you visit other websites you may see an advertisement for Aura Devices because you visited our website. You may opt-out of network advertising programs that track your activities across multiple websites to deliver personalised advertising content to you. In the U.S., please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Ad Choices Opt-Out Page. In Canada, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page.
Social Media. These cookies allow users to share our website content on social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the social media providers for how their cookies work.
Cookies we use
If you prefer to control this process please follow this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You acknowledge that where we allow third parties identified above to drop cookies, we have no control over those cookies or the data generated. Please refer to the third party's privacy and cookie policies hyperlinked above for information on what information they collect and how they use it.
Refusing or deleting cookies
Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. However if you want to refuse or delete them please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies (for example: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari).